Sunday, October 4, 2009

Tropical Angel


This is a very 'GREEN' Angel. She began a long time ago with a collage background made from old posters. I wish I could remember which ones. Later, looking to create art and use up items that I had on hand, I came across the background again. It didn't make sense to cover it over. But the background was too busy to add to as a regular painting. I remembered an angel I made from a banana leaf a long time ago and decided for some reason to try it again. Plus, I could use a little looking after right now.

Anyway, the rest is textured material made from recycled paper. Even the hair is made from recycled paper (poured onto a screen to make it like 'homemade paper') The center has a 'belt' of left over craft wire.

To see artwork for sale, click the banner below:

No comments:

Post a Comment