Friday, July 22, 2011

Saw the TREE OF LIFE Movie by Terrence Malick




This was a true "Art House Film" but the jury is still out for me as to how I feel about it. It's certainly one movie I would love to watch with the 'Director's Commentary' running through it.
Some parts were beautiful and visually stunning. Some parts seemed like he was piecing together footage from many nature films and discovery channel sources. Parts had great film making at play, and I hate the plant this thought if anyone hasn't seen it who will see it, but I felt a lot of it was like watching a long Calvin Klein commercial.
However there were some poignant messages in it. It seems to touch upon the type of private dialogue that goes on in everyone's head that they don't talk about. There were also some lessons about human psychology and the act of creation.

The Tree Of Life Movie

No comments:

Post a Comment